Bare metal performance
- Remove the 70%+ virtualisation tax
- 1M IOPS+ per fully-virtualised instance out of the box
- Supports the fastest NVMe and network hardware
- Highly efficient resource usage perfect for edge use cases
- 500MB memory footprint for entire HCE stack
- 1/100 the footprint of VMware HCE stack
- Fast, automated failover of VMs
- Server, rack & availability zone-level HA policies
- Automated cluster controller failover
Easy to implement and manage
Sunlight is easy to install - the complete Sunlight HCE stack can be installed on a bare-metal server in 10 minutes, or on-demand in AWS. AWS AMIs are binary compatible - so can be migrated instantaneously. Sunlight is easy to manage - it includes a full dashboard that allows you to manage all aspects of your Sunlight cluster, including fine-grained control of CPU, storage and network configuration and performance. The dashboard is installed as part of the HCE stack and is highly-available by design across the cluster.
Sunlight is designed with security at its core. All components of the Sunlight stack are hardened. Thanks to Sunlight’s fine grained CPU and memory allocation it is possible to physically guard against CPU memory exploits. Control of IO interfaces allows you to separate content and network traffic so there is no sharing of physical drives or network physical interfaces. Data can be encrypted at rest through hardware acceleration
Sunlight is priced on a per-node basis - no penalties for high core-density CPUs. Sunlight is available as a monthly or annual subscription (or hourly subscription in AWS).