EFFECTIVE DATE: 01/09/2021
Sunlight Support Overview
- 8*5 Global Support for the Sunlight Solution:
-- Support in Americas and Europe
-- Support for these regions is in English language only
-- First contact from Customer or Partner to Sunlight.io support team is via email or web portal
- Support price for Sunlight Application is included in monthly contract Fees
- Support for the Sunlight Solution is conditional upon:
-- Customer or Partner being responsible for and performing all system administration type activities relating to the Sunlight Solution; and
-- Customer or Partner utilising reasonably competent and skilled technicians to communicate and liaise with the Sunlight.io support team.
- Support provided by Sunlight.io for the Sunlight Solution is limited to Customer or Partner queries relating to the functioning and use of the Sunlight Solution and related troubleshooting.
Levels of Support
The Support Levels, and associated responsibilities on Sunlight.io or Partner are as set out below
FIRST LINE SUPPORT / LEVEL 1 SUPPORT
Unless Sunlight.io has agreed to provide First Line Support services to Customers then Partner shall as part of First Line Support:
Support Request Capture:
- Providing facilities to capture Customer support requests based on the type of support contract a Customer possesses. Partner will provide at a minimum a web-based support portal and optionally a phone support facility.
Filtering of Customer Queries:
- Ensuring Customer has an active Subscription with a valid support contract.
- Determining if request should be fulfilled as product support or professional services
- Determining severity of problem e.g. critical/non-critical.
Collection of Information:
- Collection of Customers account number and contact details. Looking at the Customer’s previous questions for extra context.
- Gathering sufficient initial diagnostic information from the Customer so that preliminary investigation/replication can begin.
- Basic replication and diagnosis of Customer problems.
- Documenting exactly what has been tried by the First Line team in the attempt to replicate and diagnose the problem.
Third Party Product Integration:
- Basic attempts to integrate third party products with Sunlight products. This includes Operating System matters.
- Documenting all steps taken in the attempt.
- Delivery of resolution advice to Customer.
- If all of the above is not sufficient to solve the problem, First Line teams may pass the query to Second Line
SECOND LINE SUPPORT / LEVEL 2 SUPPORT
Sunlight.io or Partner shall as part of second line support:
- Using the information collected by First Line Support, verify the validity of the replication and investigation performed by First Line, correcting and adding to where necessary.
- Have sufficient test equipment to replicate Customer problems (e.g. sufficient numbers of machines, with appropriate operating systems).
- Writing detailed reports that describes all the steps taken to replicate/reproduce a problem in the case where a possible bug will require developer attention.
Third Party Product Integration:
- Verification of basic integration attempt from First Line
- Assessment on whether the integration requires a consultancy engagement. For clarification – the Sunlight.io support Service provides detailed/expert advice for Sunlight.io products only. Detailed understanding of non-Sunlight.io products can be supplied by our Consultants under the terms of a Consultancy Engagement.
- Providing solution or passing bug-fixes to First Line to supply to Customer or contact direct if necessary.
- Ensuring relevant people are aware of nature of problem and its importance so that it can be resolved in timely fashion.
- Level 2 engineers do not typically need extra assistance unless creating bug reports where it is necessary to contact developers (Level 3). Where Partner is delivering Second Line Support, bug reports should be sent to Level 2 at Sunlight.io for logging and an extra level of validation.
THIRD LINE SUPPORT / LEVEL 3 SUPPORT
Unless otherwise agreed in the Front Page or an Order, Third Line Support shall be provided by Sunlight.io and shall consist of:
- Using the information and replication advice collected/written by Second Line and presented in a bug report, provide expert investigation and analysis by using this in conjunction with knowledge of internals (source code) of Sunlight.io software.
- Sunlight.io will endeavour to provide Bug fixes and/or interim builds (depending upon the severity of the problem, interim builds may be provided rather than waiting for the next release).
- Sunlight.io will endeavour to provide problem resolution/Bug-fixes to Second Line Support personnel who will in turn pass the information to First Line Support or the Customer in a timely fashion.
- Relevant Sunlight.io personnel will promptly be made aware of nature of problem and its importance so that they can assist in provision of direction in Sunlight.io’s efforts to replicate the problem and to resolve it in timely fashion.
Target Response Times
Where Sunlight.io is providing support to Partner, Sunlight.io shall endeavour to provide an initial response to Partner in accordance with the table below.
|Priority / Severity||Description||Contact Method||Targeted Response Time|
|P1-System Down||System is inoperable, not functioning with possible data loss||Web portal and Email||4 hour response|
|P2 – Critical||Business Outage or significant impact affecting future productivity. No workaround is available||Web portal and Email||6 hour response|
|P3 – Major||Production is impaired, but is not preventing production continuing. Workarounds in process||Web portal and Email||8 hour response|
|P4 – Minor||Problem not affecting production, enhancement request, usage or general question||Web portal and Email||1 working day|
- Customers may not raise tickets directly with Sunlight.io unless Sunlight.io gives prior written approval.
- Sunlight.io shall have no obligation to liaise directly with any Customer (but may do so in its sole discretion).
- Response times are targets and are not guaranteed.
- When Partner escalates tickets to Sunlight.io, Sunlight.io will require demonstrable evidence of prior trouble-shooting diligently carried out by Partner technical staff to include problem synopsis, fault and audit logs.
- Partner must also provide necessary remote access details for Sunlight.io customer services to investigate.
- The support obligations of Sunlight.io under this Schedule do not apply to hardware.